Genevieve's Shrimp Mold
Ingredients - party size
Method1. Mix cream cheese, mayo, onion and celery together until smooth (obviously it will have bits in it from onion and celery).
2. Sprinkle gelatin over tomato soup in a small saucepan and stand for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in gelatin; bring soup mix to a gentle boil and simmer, stirring until gelatin has dissolved in soup. This should take only about 1 minute.
4. Stir soup into cream cheese mix.
5. Add large shrimp that have been cut into 4 pieces or use small shrimp.
6. Thinly grease a 4-5 c Jello style mold with mayo and pour in mixture or line any dish with plastic wrap and pour in mix.
7. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours then un-mold onto plate and serve with crackers.
8. Any leftovers are good, warmed through and served with pasta or eaten with salad as a meal.
Oonagh Williams, proprietor of Royal Temptations, has a Culinary Arts degree, offers Catering services, teaches a variety of classes in International Cooking, makes regular appearances on WMUR ABC Channel 9's Cooks' Corner and has her own series on Merrimack TV. You can contact Oonagh at 603-424-6412.