Method1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line 10" x 15" jelly roll pan with parchment paper or foil. Grease foil or paper.
2. Mix together pumpkin, eggs and sugar until well blended.
3. Add baking powder, spice and flour and mix well.
4. Pour onto lined jelly roll pan, gently spread out, it might seem as if you don't have enough batter. Bake for 15-18 minutes until well risen (but it won't be very high), springy but still soft to the touch.
5. Remove cake from oven and 'flop' cake onto parchment paper sprinkled with sugar. Carefully remove paper or foil from base of cake and roll up pumpkin roll with sugar sprinkled parchment paper caught inside.
6. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
7. Mix filling ingredients together with a beater until smooth.
8. Unroll, retain about ¼ c filling, and spread remainder of filling on cake. Re-roll. Don't worry if the cake has cracked. When you drizzle remainder of filling on top, it will hide cracks. Thin ¼ c of filling slightly with cream and drizzle on top of roll. Sprinkle with toasted pecans and refrigerate.
Oonagh Williams, proprietor of Royal Temptations, has a Culinary Arts degree, offers Catering services, teaches a variety of classes in International Cooking, makes regular appearances on WMUR ABC Channel 9's Cooks' Corner and has her own series on Merrimack TV. You can contact Oonagh at 603-424-6412.