Chicken With Cranberry Orange Sauce
Method1. Pound chicken breast halves between saran wrap without tearing flesh.
2. Turn chicken portions in seasoned flour.
3. Heat medium size skillet over medium heat, add oil and chicken and brown chicken over medium heat.
4. Add garlic, wine/stock, orange juice and cranberry sauce.
5. Bring to just under a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook covered for about 10 minutes until tender.
6. Add yogurt/cornstarch mix to pan, stir well and allow to cook for about 3 minutes until sauce thickens.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning. If too sweet add about ½ tablespoon of lemon juice or balsamic vinegar. If not sweet enough add about ½ - 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup.
8. If desired garnish with fresh orange segments and scatter craisins on top. Add grated rind of orange for a more intense orange flavor.
Oonagh Williams, proprietor of Royal Temptations, has a Culinary Arts degree, is a qualified teacher and offers a Personal Chef and Catering Service. She can be seen frequently on WMUR ABC's Channel 9 Cooks Corner. Contact Oonagh on 424-6412 or visit her web site at Geocities.com/CookingWithOonagh.